Summary of Oct 2016 -
Think it should tell you all you need to know that I am making this blog 2 weeks into November. I have been super busy. Crazy busy. Scrap that… I’ve been super productive. Crazy productive. Although a lot of the stuff is prep for the future so it has felt like a month of work with very little rewards, so I have actually been looking forward to filling this out, if only to recap it for myself and feel / see stuff is moving forward.
I cut back on gigging to get some podcast / video projects off the ground. I also had to move house (in early Nov) so had to sort a bunch of stuff out for that… And I got an offer for a really high paying, high profiling “deak job” which I turned down. I’ve made that post public, so you should be able to see it here.
I am aware of how “empty” this month looks. It’s frustrating to even share this post as I had a ton of stuff get canceled / moved and family / personal stuff got in the way which is often the way, but doesn’t get any less annoying. Additionally I did a LOT of traveling the month before so I had booked less in this month. So when you book less and stuff gets cancelled it kinda knocks you back. Onwards and upwards…
Navigation (2016). [Fringe Reports]
|EP 64||Julia McKenzie – What are BBC Radio 4 looking for?|
|EP 65||Tony Law – Mental health and the life of a comedian|
|EP 66||Helen Zaltzman – The history and future of podcasting.|
Future prep. [Upcoming gigs page]
|How many future gigs did you book?||1|
|How many future podcast guests did you book?||18|
Other Projects / Things
- Recorded 5 pods for the new podcast (The Comedians Time Capsule, coming 2017).
- Made 2 videos blogs about gigging and attempting to build an audience through touring [watch them all here].
- Fixed the first two dates for the LGBT comedy night starting in 2017.
- Signed up and paid for Leicester, Glasgow and Brighton Fringe with my new show [more details here]
- Got a pencil confirmation for a venue (and a producer) for my new show for Edinburgh 2017.
- Booked 4 January previews for the new show.
- Work a stupid amount of hours as a writer for brands etc.
- I’ve finished all the edits on my book (I hope, I really hope, I know I said this last month but I’ve seen it going through on the dashboard). [get a copy here or email me for more info]
3 x Time Capsule pods
Unpaid Manchester Night
Unpaid try out spot the Glee [Watch vlog]