EP93 – Edinburgh Fringe Live Q&A Panel with 3 Comedy Agents
Total run time: 1 hour 22 mins 03 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
- Or you can watch / stream it on YouTube here.
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it.
About the panel…
Chris Lander (@christophlander) is an agent at Phil Mcintyre Entertainment. He deals with the new and up-and-coming talent including Nish Kumar, Masud Milas, David Trent and more.
Katya Balfour-Lynn (@katyabalfourlyn) is a live booking agent for United Agents. She deals with her clients live dates and live calendars.
Andy Townsend (@andytownsend8) is a comedy agent at the Galton Agency. By their own admission a small agency that deals with big names and focuses on work they’re proud of.
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
The Questions we covered…
- Who are you? [0 mins 0 secs]
- Where does your agency fit into the industry? [1 mins 30 secs]
- UK vs US agents. What’s the difference? [16 mins]
- The similarities between the music and comedy industries. [18 mins]
- How did you get the trust of your first comedian? [18 mins 30 secs]
- What do / don’t you do?
- When do you think a comedian needs an agent?
- Should comedians approach you? [56 mins]
- How do you manage expectations for new acts? [56 mins]
- Where do you scout for comedians? [42 mins]
- What do you look for in a new act? [42 mins]
- How much do quotas impact your choice of signing?
- Has the internet changed how you scout for acts? [42 mins]
- The mental health impact on doing a full run and what agents do to help with that. [44 mins]
- How hard is it to deliver negative information? [1 hour 4 minutes]
- What do you think of the movement to more comedians not wanting agents because they’re making their own opportunities through building their audiences online? [27 mins]
- Do you work for the comedian, or do they work for you or something else? [27 mins]
- Mistakes people make when thinking about getting an agent and advice. [1 hour 22 mins]