Total run time: 1 hour 08 mins 58 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it. 🙂
About Sam Brady…
Sam Brady (@SamBrady) is a comedian who had no management, no PR, no agent, no TV or radio credits… but what he did have was a show that he believed in that he wanted to tour. He took his show around the country to arts centres and theatres and has no started to do it again with his new tour. He’s come on the pod to talk about how he did it, what he learned and what you should avoid doing…
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
- EP32 – Live Touring Q&A Panel – Recorded at the Edinburgh Festival 2015
- EP 47 – Ally Wilson – Head of Live at CKP Productions
|EP50 – Graham Smith – Former Commissioning Executive for Channel 4 and Channel Five|
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
Give a one-off donation via PayPal!
Here’s a list of questions we covered…
- Why did you start booking your own venues? [0 mins 0 secs]
- How did you get over insecurities of trying to sell your own show? [4 mins 30 secs]
- Did you find venues had an issue working with indie comedians?
- Why did you decide to book venues? [20 mins 15 secs]
- How did you pick cities to go to? [15 mins 40 secs]
- What’s the hardest part about booking your own tour?
- What was your aim behind the tour? [20 mins 15 secs]
- When approaching venues, how open were you about being independent?
- There’s s cliche that comedians are lazy… how hard is it to book your show? Or do you think it’s a case of not having the confidence to do it as you have to sell yourself and the show?
- Red flags to look out for in venues. [50 mins 10 secs]
- Great things to look for in a venue [54 mins]
- What day of the week works best? [1 hour]
- How do you learn how to market shows in different cities?
- What things do you wish you had known when you started?
- Why didn’t you want to get some industry help involved? Or did you try?
- What’s the worst part of the touring industry and how would you fix it? [1 hour 1 mins]