Total run time: 1 hour 07 mins 55 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
- Or you can watch / stream it on YouTube here.
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it. 🙂
About Richard Herring…
Richard Herring (@Herring1967) is an English stand-up comedian, writer and recognised as a pioneer of comedy podcasting. He daily blogs his life and is known as a massive advocate of free content and building a path for yourself by finding your audience using the internet.
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
- Why did you start podcasting? [0 mins 0 secs]
- Did any podcasts influence him to get started? [4 mins]
- How did podcasting help build his live audience? [6mins]
- How to create value and why it’s important. [9 mins 30 secs]
- What mistakes did you make early on?
- What are the best things that have come out of podcasting?
- Do you think you would have done as well if you were not as established when you started?
- What would you do differently if you were starting afresh today?
- Where there any podcasts you wanted to start that you haven’t got round to?
- Has it led to a different audience coming to see you? Given how different all your stand up shows are to the pods. [11 mins 20 secs]
- Did you have a leg up when you started podcasting because of your “fame”? [14 mins]
- Did you find winning the chortle internet award helpful in building your audience?
- You make a lot of content, how do you not get burned out and how do you deal with having “downtime” ? [20 mins 30 secs]
Go Faster Stripe and a new show every year…
- You missed Edinburgh for the first time last year, do you think you’ll go back? [26 mins]
- Do you still need Edinburgh? [27 mins]
- If you started again now, would you go up to Edinburgh? [30 mins]
- The mini pod series for your stand up shows, have they helped bring people in?
- How do you not get bored of shows? [41 mins 30 secs]
- What are the best books on comedy, writing, stand up etc you’ve read?
- Best show you’ve ever seen? [57 mins]
- What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made and how did you get over it? [57 mins]
- Who do you think is the most underrated person in your industry? [58 mins]
- What do you think is the biggest problem in the comedy industry and how would you go about solving it? [58 mins]
- If you could go back to any point in your career, what bit of advice would you give yourself? [1 hour]