Total run time: 1 hour 22 mins 03 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
- Or you can watch / stream it on YouTube here.
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it. 🙂
About Mike Leigh…
Mike Leigh is the founder of MLA Talent (@mikeleighassoc). They’re not just a talent agency they also produce a lot of free digital media and podcasts creating their own podcast network to share audiences.
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
- Where does MLA fit into the industry? [0 mins]
- What makes you different? [1 mins]
- What don’t you do? [3 mins]
- Where do you scout for talent? [12 mins]
- Should performers approach you? Or do you approach them? [12 mins]
- When you see someone and think I want to sign them, what do you see? Do you think “they’d be great on TV” or do you ask them what they’d want and see if you can help them achieve it etc?
- Do you work for your clients or do they work for you? [2 mins]
- How much do quotas impact your choices on who to take on? [18 mins]
- What do you have in mind when you bring an act up to Edinburgh? [38 mins 40 secs]
- Do you think TV is ageist in the wrong direction? [41 mins]
- Can a comedian make a living off the circuit? [50 mins]
- How do you push forward clients you represent who can’t get on TV or radio? [52 mins]
- Why are there the same acts on a lot of the panel shows? [57 mins]
- How have you benefited or been hurt by quotas? [18 mins]
- What are your thoughts on quota’s in clubs / TV shows etc? [18 mins]
Digital Content – Playback Media…
- Podcasts. Largely football based – How have you found being specific and having that niche has helped grow an audience for these shows? [5 mins]
- What do you think about Patreon and other subscription services? [6 mins]
- Where do you see the future of digital content and podcasting in the next 5 years?
- What do you think is the biggest problem with podcasts?
- Best show you’ve ever seen? [1 hour 1 mins]
- What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made and how did you get over it? [1 hour 2 mins]
- What are the common misconceptions people have about what you do? [1 hour 3 mins]
- What do you think is the biggest problem in the comedy industry and how would you go about solving it? [1 hour 5 mins]
- Best bit of advice you would give a comedian who wants to get an agent what would it be? [1 hour 7 mins]