Total run time: 1 hour 08 mins 58 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher.
- Stream the show on YouTube.
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it.
About Matt Price…
Matt Price (@MattPriceComedy) is a working comedian who has been making his living from clubs for over a decade and has firmly established himself as a storytelling performer… however, he wants more but doesn’t know where to go from here.
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
- EP46 – Daniel Sloss – What is it like being a full time comedian as a teenager?
- EP41 – The Boy With Tape On His Face (aka Sam Wills)
- EP 16 – Liz Miele – How to go viral and build an online fan base.
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
Give a one-off donation via PayPal!
Here’s a list of questions we covered…
- UK’s first New Deal comedian. Having been on the dole for two years, he applied for the financial support of the Government’s New Deal scheme to help him launch his stand-up career – and was accepted. [20 mins 20 secs]
- Did you always want to tell stories or did you start being a straight stand up? [20 mins 20 secs]
- First show in 2006… but the venue didn’t exist. [54 mins 36 secs]
- Do you list yourself in storytelling instead of stand up? [54 mins 36 secs]
- Do you make a profit in Edinburgh? [54 mins 36 secs]
- Mel Brown PR [1 hour mark]
- What do you think is the difference between stand up and story telling? [0 mins 0 secs]
- You talk about how some people use the label of storytelling to mean “not funny”. Why? [0 mins 0 secs]
- His label as a story teller [ 3 mins ]
- Do you find they’re treated differently? [ 8 mins 17 secs]
- Do you find MCing / spots harder due to being a storyteller rather than a pure stand up comedian. [5 mins 26 secs]
- How long did it take you to go full time? [20 mins 20 secs]
- Do you think that’s still possible for comedians starting now? [20 mins 20 secs]
- Do you think we’re not a nation who enjoy storytelling? [11 mins 25 secs]
- Do you think the stigma of “not being funny” meaning a storyteller exists? [13 mins 47 secs]
- Do you think the attitude of storytelling comedians is different to straight stand ups? [35 mins 07 secs]
- Best show you’ve ever seen? [1 hour 1 mins 23 secs]
- Sarah Kendall
- Sex Kitten Corpse
- Sean Hughes – Alibis for life
- What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made and how did you get over it? [1 hour 2 mins 46 secs]
- Who do you think is the most underrated person in your industry? [1 hour 3 mins 42 secs]
- Adam Bloom podcast
- What do you think is the biggest problem in the comedy industry and how would you go about solving it? [1 hour 4 mins 52 secs]
- Best bit of advice you’ve ever been given? [1 hour 5 mins 37 secs]
- If you could go back to give yourself one bit of advice before your first gig… what would it be? [1 hour 6 mins 14 secs]