Give a one-off donation via PayPal!
The Head of Comedy Development at Hat Trick
- You’ve gone from a runner to the head of comedy, do you think this path is still the best way of progressing? [0 mins]
- Do you think it’s ever too late to start?
- Can you explain these TV terms / jobs and why they’re different… [1 mins]
- Executive producer.
- Do you think the TV industry is geared towards younger stand ups? [3 mins]
- Does having more channels to put stuff on give you more chance of your idea being made? [7 mins]
- What makes a TV production company an indie? [10 mins]
- How do quotas impact your choices? [11 mins]
- Are you getting more scripts from underrepresented writers? [14mins]
- How much interaction do they have with OFCOM? [24 mins]
- The ideal vs the reality of getting a show made. [28 mins]
- Do you expect less viewers on shows? [51 mins]
- Is social media a good thing for TV? [49 mins]
- Should writers send in unsolicited scripts? [14 mins]
Sabotage comedy night…
- You run a comedy night called Sabotage, do you find that’s a good way of scouting for new talent? [40 mins]
- Do you think there’s a reason there’s not a strong link between live and TV? [53 mins]
- What’s your booking policy for the night?
- There’s a lot more live performers than when you started the night in 2000, does this make it harder or easier to acts?
- How do you find juggling writing comedy shows and a day job developing TV?
- What are the biggest mistakes writers make when sending in scripts? [1 hour 2mins]
- What are the common misconceptions people have about what you do? [ 1 hour 4 mins]
- What is the most interesting thing you do that nobody else ever seens?
- Who do you think is the most underrated person in your industry? [1 hour 6 mins]
- If you could give yourself one bit of advice to yourself before you started out in the industry, what would it be? [1 hour 7 mins]
- What do you think is the biggest problem in the comedy industry and how would you go about solving it? [1 hour 5 mins]