Total run time: 1 hour 18 mins 04 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it.
About The Liz Miele…
In 2014 American comedian Liz Miele decided she wanted to release her first album after 13 years of performing comedy. She had no PR, no agent and very little budget. This is the story of how she took her jokes and made them go viral online to launch her career and downloadable CD.
Buddhism & Cats…
If you’re coming down to the Brighton Fringe, please consider coming to see my show “Buddhism & Cats.” It’s on for 9 days and would really help me out. Also, it’s free and effectively work-in-progress for Edinburgh. You can find the listing here.
And here’s a paragraph describing the show –
If you got your idea of adulthood from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. but reality hasn’t lived up to the expectation, if you live more in your head than in the moment and if you feel connected online and profoundly disconnected from people offline, then this is the show for you.
One more thing…
If you’re interested in social media, I’ve written a book on using social media to find jobs called “How To Find A Job Using Twitter” and I am working on a 2nd one about building online audiences. If you’d like to know when it comes out please join my mailing list.
Here are a list of the questions we covered.
- Does anyone know who you are? [8 mins 04 secs]
- How have you found building an audience over the past 13 years? [8 mins 19 secs]
- How do you deal with being “invisible” / not having an audience? [8 mins 19 secs]
- How long have you been trying to build an audience?[10 mins 55 secs]
- Why did you start to invest in social media? [10 mins 55 secs]
- What are the chances of having TV “make” your career?[12 mins 14 secs]
- The downsides of getting management / being put on TV. [14 mins 21 secs]
- Where do you like to build an audience? What’s the pro’s and con’s of each?[17 mins 29 secs]
- How do American clubs / promoters use social media to sell tickets and get buzz around their clubs? [20 mins 39 secs]
- How do you find connecting with your audience through social media?[22 mins 59 secs]
- What are the things you’ve learned about creating a relationship with a fan online? [22 mins 59 secs]
- What you should remember about the online hits, followers, fans. And the different levels of “fan”. [23 mins 19 secs]
- What social media books would you recommend? [35 mins 19 secs]
- How do deal with online trolls / hate. [30 mins 49 secs] [35 mins 12 secs]
- Her thoughts on Reddit and the “boys club” of trolls online. [34 mins 12 secs]
- How did you go Viral? Is it possible to manufacture your own buzz on social media?[36 mins 14 secs]
- What did you get from going viral and what were the biggest pros / cons of that amount of exposure?[41 mins 24 secs]
- Do you think the joke lost anything by cutting it out of context and putting it online?[53 mins 39 secs]
- Why did you release your album in audio and not video? [56 mins 19 secs]
- Have you burned the album and now you’re starting on the new album? How does it work for you creating an hour? [57 mins 39 secs]
- Do you think doing a new hour every two-year is too long of a cycle? [59 mins 09 secs]
- Do you want more stage time in New York or do you struggle even when you’re doing 10-15 shows per week?[1 hour 0 mins 18 secs]
- Do you think it will have an impact on people remembering what you look like by making your album audio? [1 hour 3 mins 21 secs]
- Advice for starting to build your online audience? [1 hour 10 mins 21 sec]
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
Give a one-off donation via PayPal!
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
- EP 10 – Luisa Omielan – the story behind the sleeper-hit show “What Would Beyonce Do”.
- EP 23 – Bec Hill – Potential life saver #SimonShat
- EP 20 – Joe Lycett – How to get the right agent, promote a show and which comedy competitions are worth entering
|Previous Podcast||Next Podcast|
EP 15 – Julian Caddy – Managing Director of the Brighton Fringe
|EP 17 – Neil Mackinnon – Edinburgh Fringe Head of External Affairs|