Total run time: 1 hour 33 mins 08 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it. 🙂
About the guests…
Mick Perrin (@mickperrin) founded Mick Perrin worldwide over 20 years ago. Since then he’s organised tours in the UK and across Europe for some of the biggest names in comedy.
Amee Smith (@Prospero_PR) is an associate director and PR specialist at Prospero Arts. Prospero deal with some of the biggest names in comedy to help get their tour dates known by the right people, in the right publications and more!
Anita Holmes is a life coach to many famous comedians as well as lesser known acts. She works to make sure all her acts are mentally able to tackle anything that is thrown their way.
Ally Wilson is the head of live at CKP. CKP are a global touring agent who also organise extended London runs for performers at long established venues including the Soho Theatre.
|Previous Podcast||Next Podcast|
|EP31 – Darrell Martin – Owner and founder of the Just The Tonic Comedy Club Chain
||EP33 – Zena Barrie and Michelle Flower from the Camden Fringe|
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
Give a one-off donation via PayPal!
Here’s a list of questions we covered…
- How often do you take on a tour from an act you don’t represent? [2 mins 9 secs]
- What’s the difference between a promoter, producer and a manager? [3 min 04 secs]
- How do you promote a tour / when does PR get involved in a live show? [5 mins 34 secs]
- What’s the A to B for a PR from being contacted to being taken on as a PR for a show? [6 mins 09 secs]
- Do PRs turn down shows, and if so, why? [6 mins 39 secs]
- At what point should an act contact someone in industry to promote a show? [7 mins 09 secs]
- As a PR how do you tell an act that their reviews aren’t good? [16 mins 17 secs]
- Outside of Edinburgh how much do awards help sell a show / tour? [19 mins 34 secs]
- How do you get tour support slots? [23 mins 49 secs]
- How do you pick a tour support? [31 mins 20 secs]
- How do you adjust the promotion / PR for the size of the city that you’re performing? [32 mins 09 secs]
- Should agents have live coaches / provide therapy for acts? [38 mins 39 secs]
- What do you think of performers organising their own tours? [55 mins 09 secs]
- What’s the difference in promoting shows in Europe vs the UK? [57 mins 54 secs]
- What percentages are you looking for from venues? [1 hour 2 mins 09 secs]
- LAM Comedy Brighton
- What are you looking for in a show? [1 hour 05 mins 28 secs]
- What’s the best way of standing out if you’re going to contact a promoter / manager etc? [1 hour 05 mins 28 secs]
- What’s the best way of approaching industry to get them down to the show? [1 hour 13 mins 09 secs]