Total run time: 33 mins 16 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
- Or you can watch / stream it on YouTube here.
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it. 🙂
About this episode…
Lee Ridley (@lee_ridley) aka Lost Voice Guy (@lostvoiceguy) is the 2018 winner of Britain’s Got Talent. We discussed his choice to do that competition, if he felt like the token disabled act on the show given his inability to speak, was he happy with how he was portrayed and would he recommend the experience to other comedians and so much more.
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
- How would you describe your career before BGT? [0 MINS]
- What made you start in comedy? [0 mins]
- Did you or do you ever feel like some people booked you for a quota reason? And do you think “disability quotas” should exist? [7 mins]
- What was the difference between winning a general talent competition vs a specific comedy competition? [10 mins]
- I know before BGT you won the 2014 BBC Radio New Comedy Awards, what did that do for your career? How was that as an experience vs BGT? [5 mins]
- I was told Simon Cowell offered you a contract after BGT, is that true and if so, why did you not take it? [25 mins]
- Why was he coming to Edinburgh and what were his goals for the Fringe? [5mins]
- What new worries do you have now that you’re selling out at the Edinburgh Fringe? [22 mins]
BGT and beyond…
- What made you want to do BGT? [1 mins]
- BGT are known for ramping up “sob stories” for acts to get people to vote, did you ever feel like this was happening to you? [3 mins]
- How did you deal with Twitter hate while being on BGT? [13 mins]
- Do you think BGT is a good place for a comedian to show off their talent?
- What has been the best and worst thing to come out of BGT? [17 mins]
- Do you find it harder to do new material now that you have a ton of fans who are rooting for you? [20 mins]
- What are the common misconceptions people have about BGT? [26 mins]
- Best bit of advice you would give a comedian who wants to do Britains Got Talent but isn’t sure? [26 mins]