Total run time: 1 hour 10 mins 18 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher.
- Stream the show on YouTube.
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it. 🙂
About Tom Walker…
Tom Walker is better known as Jonathan Pie (@JonathanPieNews) a satirical news reporter character who is an idealist at heart but can’t stand the way his job often pans out.
In little over a year Tom has grown a dedicated and engaged social media audience of people who believe in Pie’s words but also those who do not.
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
- EP56 – Robert Popper – How to “make it” in TV.
- EP50 – Graham Smith – Former Commissioning Executive for Channel 4 and Channel Five
- EP40 – Iain Coyle – Comedy Commissioner at Dave / UKTV
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
Give a one-off donation via PayPal!
Here’s a list of questions we covered…
- The name. [0 mins 0 secs]
- How do you make your videos? [1 mins]
- How does he deal with his anxiety when recording himself outside? [1 mins 45 secs]
- Working with Russia Today to make videos. [3 mins 22 secs]
- Is there anyone you wouldn’t work with / would you do another deal in the future? [5 mins 16secs]
- What was his reasoning for taking sponsorship from Russia Today and why did he do it? [8 mins 38 secs]
- How did he feel about people ripping his videos even though it led to him getting a career. [11 mins 45 secs]
- Do you find people come expecting something else because of the online content? [18 mins 10 secs]
- How ahead is his video schedule planned? [20 mins]
- How he deals with hate as a character act. [36 mins 55 secs]
- How close is Tom to the character of Pie? [40 mins]
- How politically informed are you / do you have to be? [42 mins]
- What do you think Pie would make of the Russell Brand revolution? [43 mins 45 secs]
- How reviews impact him personally. [59 mins 40 secs]
- How hard has it been to get your audience to come see you live? [45 mins 35 secs]
- How many trolls does the Pie character get? [45 mins 35 secs]
- How does he use the different social media channels? [47 mins 42 secs]
- If you could go back and change how you built an audience what would you do differently? [49 mins 42 secs]
- What are the best books on comedy, writing, stand up etc you’ve read? [1 hour 03 mins 25 secs]
- What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made and how did you get over it? [1 hour 03 mins 25 secs]
- What are the common misconceptions people have about what you do? [1 hour 03 mins 25 secs]
- Who do you think is the most underrated person in your industry? [1 hour 03 mins 25 secs]
- Best bit of advice you’ve ever been given? [1 hour 03 mins 25 secs]
- Best bit of advice you would give a comedian who wants to build an online audience? [1 hour 03 mins 25 secs]