Total run time: 1 hour 39 mins 07 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
- Or you can watch / stream it on YouTube here.
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it. 🙂
About this episode…
James Ross is a comedian, writer, improviser and founder of the cult comedy club Quantum Leopard Comedy. The Club recently won the Chortle award for “best comedy night in London” even though, it does very little advertising beyond its own mailing list and only runs once a month.
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
- Why did you start the night? [0 mins]
- Why do you have a policy on material? [25 mins]
- What’s left? [25 mins]
- Is this your attempt to “go against” mainstream clubs? [25 min]s
- I’ve heard you talking about living your values through comedy. I’d love to hear more about that. Do you think a number of comedians don’t do this? [25 mins]
- Green stickers – what are they and why are they important?
- Anti-heckling policy. I think most clubs unofficially have this but you go all out to say you can’t… what if someone says something they don’t like? [30 mins]
- Do you think this is going to be seen as an element of PC gone mad?
- The progression ladder for QL, want to explain it and why it exists? [15 mins]
- Why do you give away badges? [48 mins]
- PWYW model, you’ve made it work… is that because your costs are lower?
- You were voted the “Best club night” in London by Chortle in 2018, did you want the award? Has it helped expand the night etc? [1 hour 3 mins]
- Do you think it’s scaleable?
- Do you think you could do it in a bigger room? [1 hour 2 mins]
- Why is it only monthly? [1 hour 2 mins]
- How did you find the venue? What are your deal breakers for a venue if you had to move or start a new night? [1 hour 15 mins]
- How do you pay acts without knowing how much you’re going to get? [1 hour 1mins]
Edinburgh Fringe and living room shows…
- Was that viable? Profitable? [4 mins]
- Why did you do the Edinburgh Fringe? Targets? [1 hour 17 mins]