Total run time: 1 hour 52 mins 44 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it.
About Iain Coyle…
Iain Coyle is a British TV presenter, producer and comedian who has worked on TV shows like Big Brother’s Big Mouth and Shooting Stars. He is the current comedy commissioner for UKTV and Dave TV.
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
- EP35 – Ben Walker – Behind the scenes of award-winning podcasts.
- EP 25 – Geoff Rowe – Founder of Dave’s Leicester Comedy Festival
- EP 05 – David Quantick (TV / radio writer for The Day Today, Brass Eye, Spitting Image & author)
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
Give a one-off donation via PayPal!
Here’s a list of questions we covered…
- His thoughts on comedy commissioners being “risk averse” [0 mins 0 secs]
- How Dave operates and why its audience is still growing when other channels aren’t. [1 min 30 secs]
- Does Dave TV produce TV shows or buy them in from production houses. [4 mins]
- Why TV commissioners say no so often and why it takes so long to get something seen.[6 mins 56 secs]
- Do you think Plus One Channels are outdated now that the internet has “on demand” TV? [9 mins 50 secs]
- Why not every channel is perfect for your show idea.[12 mins 30 secs]
- How to prove your show idea is good for TV (and then why you don’t need TV)[14 mins 47 secs]
- Some thoughts on the Dapper Laughs TV show.[16 mins 24 secs]
- What is the process of getting a show commissioner (from getting your script seen to having it on TV) [17 mins 32 secs]
- Under Cover TV show
- Vital info on TV channels tone of voice. [29 mins 40 secs]
- The different audiences Dave attracts. [40 mins]
- The move for Top Gear to go on Amazon Prime. [42 mins 48 secs]
- Why people can create connections with people better than brands and the value of having a strong tone of voice. [45 mins 20 secs]
- Which shows out of all the shows you’ve been involved with that you wre surprised by the reception [56 mins]
- Dave Gorman
- As Yet Untitled
- What’s the worst show you’ve ever worked on? [ 1 hour 8 mins ]
- Why have the number of views on TV shows dropped? Is it the internet or is it their attention span dropping? [1 hour 16 min 40 secs]
- Second screen TV viewing. [1 hour 19 mins 25 secs]
- Does Dave make their own TV channel, or do they buy in programs from production houses? [1 hour 21 mins 25 secs]
- How valuable are agents?
- How would a comedian get seen by you to get them on TV? [1 hour 28 mins 42 secs]
- Who are your favourite comedians? [1 hour 30 mins 56 secs]
- What are your favorite TV shows which you’ve worked on? [1 hour 32 mins 43 secs]
- What are your favorite TV shows which you didn’t worked on? [1 hour 32 mins 43 secs]
- Do you scout for talent at the Dave Leicester Comedy Festival? [1 hour 35 mins]
- Any plans to expand on the joke of the fringe? Or do more awards in Edinburgh? [1 hour 37 mins]
- How does the joke of the fringe award show work? [1 hour 38 mins 45 secs]
- Advice for a performer who wants to get on a TV show? [1 hour 39 mins 40 secs]
- Advice for a performer who wants to get their show on TV? [1 hour 39 mins 40 secs]