Total run time: 1 hour 28 mins 57 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
- Or you can watch / stream it on YouTube here.
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it.
About Helen Zaltzman…
Helen Zaltzman (@helenzaltzman) is an English podcaster, broadcaster and writer. She is best known for her work with longtime collaborator Olly Mann with whom she presents the comedy podcast Answer Me This!
Her new podcast, The Allusionist, saw her become the first British broadcaster on the Radiotopia podcast network. The Guardian describes the Allusionist as “an antidote to all the whither-life-and-how-to-understand-it podcasts”.
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
- EP40 – Iain Coyle – Comedy Commissioner at Dave / UKTV
- EP50 – Graham Smith – Former Commissioning Executive for Channel 4 and Channel Five
- EP 43 – Anne Edyvean – Head of the BBC Writersroom – How To Get Your Writing Noticed By The BBC
|Previous Podcast||Next Podcast|
|EP65 – Tony Law – Mental health and the life of a comedian||EP67 – Armando Iannucci – I’m not a political satirist!|
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
Give a one-off donation via PayPal!
Here’s a list of questions we covered…
The history and future of podcasting…
- Why did she start podcasting? [0 mins 0 secs]
- How did she get the internet to care about their show? [5 mins 15 secs]
- What were you doing for money when you started? [8 mins 15 secs]
- What was the long term plan? [9 mins 16 secs]
- Did radio shows find you through the podcast?[10 mins 12 secs]
- How did they build the early fan base of the show? [13 mins 04 secs]
- Luxemburg trip to get in the iTunes chart. [17 mins 45 secs]
- Why do you think comedians love podcasts? [21 mins 40 secs]
- What does she think of the podcast awards? [22 mins 45 secs]
- How did she start asking for donations and what changed which allowed them to do that? [25 mins 56 secs]
- How to make money from podcasting. [28 mins]
- How long does it take to edit and what tips would she have for someone starting out? [38 mins 54 secs]
- How to start your own podcast indie guide.
- How long should a podcast be? [ 38 mins 54 ses]
- Ben Walkers Podcast
- How does creating your own show compare to creating a show for commercial radio? [45 mins 16secs]
- What are the best things to come out of podcasting? [46 mins 45 secs]
- What are the different roles involved in podcasting? [49 mins 52 secs]
- What are the best books on comedy, writing, stand up etc you’ve read? [52 mins 15 secs]
- Best podcast you’ve ever heard? [53 mins 08 secs]
- What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made and how did you get over it? [54 mins 16 secs]
- Who do you think is the most underrated person in your industry? [55 mins 43 secs]
- What do you think is the biggest problem in the comedy industry and how would you go about solving it? [58 mins 33 secs]
- Interesting thing you do nobody gets to see? [55 mins 10 secs]
- Best bit of advice you’ve ever been given? [1 hour 05 secs]
- What advice would you give someone who wants to start podcasting?[1 hour 1 min 03 secs]
- Top 3 podcast recommendations?[1 hour 3 mins 38 secs]