Total run time: 1 hour 08 mins 50 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it. 🙂
About Chris Young and Jake Alexander…
Chris Young and Jake Alexander founded the Hastings Comedy Festival in 2015. 2016 is their first year in operation and although they’re not the most established comedy festival I got them on to talk about how to set up a comedy festival as well as why the Hastings Fringe is different to all the other local Fringe Festivals.
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
|Previous Podcast||Next Podcast|
|EP38 – Adam Larter – How to build a “cult following” from the founder of the Weirdos.||EP40 – Iain Coyle – Comedy Commissioner at Dave / UKTV|
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
Give a one-off donation via PayPal!
Here’s a list of questions we covered…
Hastings Fringe Festival…
- Why start a festival? [0 mins 0 secs]
- The Comedy Collective
- Who is the festival targeting? [6 mins 15 secs]
- What has been the hardest part of starting the festival? [29 mins 30 secs]
- What is the most interesting thing you do that nobody else ever seens? [42 mins 11 secs]
- What makes your festival different? [25 mins 43 secs]
- Why free? Do you think the Free Fringe model can work for performers in Hastings? [14 mins 20 secs]
- You’ve been in comedy less than 2 years and this is the first festival… if someone said “what makes you qualified to run a festival?” what would you say to them? [22 mins 40 secs]
- Is this your move into promoting and away from performing?
- Do you think the fact you’ve never done another fringe festival is going to be an advantage or disadvantage for you because you can have a clear vision free from other festivals, but also you can’t quite learn from others? [24 mins 45 secs]
- What mistakes have you made which you’ve learned from and will try to avoid in the future? [46 mins 20 secs]
- What media coverage and support is the Fringe festival getting? [8 mins 40 secs]
- Advice on flyering in Hastings. [26 mins 50 secs]
- What is the one thing you’d say to someone who is sitting on the fence for going to your festival? [54 mins 45 secs]
Comedy In Hastings…
- What’s the comedy scene like in Hastings outside of the festival? [4 mins 40 secs]