Total run time: 1 hour 33 mins 08 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it.
About Darrell Martin…
Darrell Martin (@adarrellmartin) is the owner and founder of the Just The Tonic comedy club chain which operates in the midlands of England and at several comedy festivals around the UK including the Edinburgh Fringe.
|Previous Podcast||Next Podcast|
|EP30 – James Alderson – How to go full time in less than two years and start your own comedy competition
||EP32 – Live Touring Q&A Panel – Recorded at the Edinburgh Festival 2015|
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
Give a one-off donation via PayPal!
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
Here’s a list of questions we covered…
Just The Tonic Comedy Clubs…
- How did Just The Tonic start? [0 mins 0 secs]
- His history as a comedian [3 mins 16 secs]
- Do you get more open spots if you can drive? [4 mins 22 secs]
- Should you tell promoters if you can drive? [6 mins 22 secs]
- Is it easier to get more gigs once you’ve done a gig with a promoter? [9 mins 41 secs]
- How do you champion acts? [11 mins 02 secs]
- The booking policy at Just The Tonic and beyond. [12 mins 27 secs]
- Are you a comedian? [18 mins 05 secs]
- The reality of being a jobbing comedian and why he quit performing. [26 mins 30 secs]
- What’s the best way of chasing for future work? [28 mins 40 secs]
- What’s the secret to the longevity of Just The Tonic club chain? [1 hour 3 mins 40 secs]
- What makes or breaks a booking for Just The Tonic? [1 hour 19 mins 18 secs]
- How were comedians making an audience for themselves before the internet? [1 hour 21 mins]
- What advice would you give a performer looking into getting gigs at Just The Tonic? [1 hour 24 mins 20 secs]
- What advice would you give promoters who want to set up their own club? [1 hour 24 mins 20 secs]
Edinburgh Fringe Festival…
- His history with the Edinburgh Fringe [31 mins 36 secs]
- What happened from his perspective with the PBH / Freestivlal issue. [32 mins 48 secs]
- Let Loose
- Mr Susie
- His hiring process for staff. [37 mins 55 secs]
- The realities of driving around the country for work. [41 mins 50 secs]
- How running a venue works during Edinburgh [42 mins 52 secs]
- The options avaliable at Edinburgh [51 mins 08 secs]
- His thoughts on hiring a venue at the Edinburgh Fringe for a performer [52 mins 50 secs]
- The Edinburgh Fringe Comp Group. [59 mins 40 secs]