Total run time: 1 hour 12 mins 49 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
- Or you can watch / stream it on YouTube here.
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it. 🙂
About Chris Evans…
Chris Evans ( @gofasterchris ) is the founder of Go Faster Stripe. Go Faster are an independent film production and distribution company that specialise in comedy shows but have recently expanded out to books and CDs as well.
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
Social media / podcasting..
- Your wikipedia article says that you offer recordings for comedians who may have been over looked by the mainstream or who want to avoid censorship that comes with mainstream DVD releases. [1 mins]
- How do you work out what is commercially viable if the mainstream said it isn’t? [2 mins]
- What censorships specifically are people avoiding by going through you?
- How do you find podcasting leads to sales ? [33 mins]
Distributing online content…
- What is go Faster? [0 mins 0 secs]
- How is GoFaster building its own audience? [6 mins]
- You won “best offstage contributor” in 2014, did that make a difference to your sales? [Chrotle]
- What do you think of streaming services? [15 mins 30 secs]
- Would you ever become a streaming service?
- What demographic buy physical DVDs now? [16 mins]
- His thoughts on watching shows live vs DVDs. [20 mins]
- Was there any industry backlash from the mainstream when they started? [41 mins]
- How do you get the word out about your content? It doesn’t appear you have a community around the company it’s more the comedians have the community which your company leans into.
- A lot of comedians release their shows on YouTube for free, what are your thoughts on that?
- How long does it take to record and upload a show? [29 mins]
- Do you do more than one take?
- What are the best books on comedy, writing, stand up etc you’ve read? [50 mins]
- Best show you’ve ever seen? [50 mins]
- A lot of comedians call themselves comedians but they make more money from voiceover work or writing that live performing, so they’d self identify as a comedian but their income would define them another way, how close is your self identity to your actual income identity? [54 mins]
- What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made and how did you get over it? [56 mins]
- What do you think is the biggest problem in the comedy industry and how would you go about solving it? [58 mins]