Total run time: 1 hour 33 mins 08 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it. 🙂
About the guests…
Zena Barrie and Michelle Flower founded the Camden Fringe (@CamdenFringe) in 2006 as an alternative to the Edinburgh Fringe.
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
- EP 04 – [Inbetweenisode] Rachel Holdsworth & Stuart Black from The Londonist
- EP 28 – Ben Williams – Comedy Editor at Time Out London
- EP31 – Darrell Martin – Owner and founder of the Just The Tonic Comedy Club Chain
|Previous Podcast||Next Podcast|
|EP32 – Live Touring Q&A Panel – Recorded at the Edinburgh Festival 2015
||EP34 – Amée Smith – Associate Director at Prospero Arts PR – How to effectively promote a show, tour or Edinburgh run.|
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
Give a one-off donation via PayPal!
Here’s a list of questions we covered…
Camden Comedy Festival…
- Why did you start it in Camden? [ 27 mins ]
- Has the gentrification of Camden made a difference to the Fringe? [39 mins 51 secs]
- Is it set up as a London-based alternative to Edinburgh? Do you think Edinburgh is pricing certain acts out? Do you think it’s cheaper to do a gig in London for an act not from London rather than Edinburgh? [0 mins 0 secs]
- Does having an alternative to the Edinburgh Fringe during the same time affect the type of audiences you get? [2 mins 20 secs]
- Why do you not do a Free Fringe? [6 mins 32 secs]
- Do you think the free model works in London? [6 mins 32 secs]
- What type of shows does the Camden Fringe attract? And if you have an hour what point in the life cycle of a show should you look at doing the Camden Fringe? [9 mins 50 secs]
- How much support do you give performers with marketing. [12 mins 55 secs]
- Which publications do you work with / would you recommend people contacting? [18 mins 12 secs]
- How involved are you with the application process? [22mins 30 secs]
- What are the most underused features / facilities you offer? [40 mins 22 secs]
- What is the most common mistake made my someone applying to take part in the Fringe for the first time? [24 mins 26 secs]
- What is the link between the Camden Fringe and the Manchester Fringe? [37 mins 50 secs]
- The Camden Fringe’s relationship with the World Fringe Alliance. [38 mins 28 secs]
- What is the thing that you do which nobody ever gets to see that you wish they did? [45 mins]
- [51 mins 26 secs]
- Best shows you’ve ever seen at the Camden Fringe? [52 mins 19 secs]
- Concrete boots
- Bad musical
- Book recommendations? [56 mins 40 secs]
- One bit of advice you’d give someone looking at applying? [59 mins 16 secs]