Total run time: 1 hour 27 mins 16 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
- Or you can watch / stream it on YouTube here.
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it. 🙂
About this episode…
Arthur Smith (@ArfurSmith) is an alternative comedy, the Mayor of Balham and writer who has been performing in the UK since the late 1970s.
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
- How did you find your first agent? And how did you find the right one? [56 mins]
- His thoughts on awards and if he thinks they’re worth anything. [29 mins]
- How is your year structured? [26 mins]
- His thoughts on Addison Cresswell and the difference between a manager and an agent. [25 mins]
- What’s your “comedy uniform”? Do you wear anything on stage? [17 mins]
- What was your first bit that you write that you thought was good? [15 mins]
- How long did you have a day job? [11 mins]
- What’s your comedy uniform and why? [9 mins]
- Where can / can’t he gig as a result of his act? [7 mins]
- His thoughts on alternative comedy. [4 mins]
- Why did you adjust your name for stage? (Brian Arthur John Smith) [0 mins]
- Are you a circuit comedian?
- How many comedians were there working / trying when you started?
- Before comedy – street performing. [0 mins]
- Why did you start going to Edinburgh and why do you still go now? [26 mins]
- How to title a show. [33 mins]
- Did you want radio 4? [41 mins]
- What’s your relationship like with social media? [42 mins]
- Do you think there’s too many awards in Edinburgh? [29 mins]
- Awards – turning down the lifetime award. [29 mins]
- You MC the Hackney Empire New Act of the Year which is one of the longer running awards, why do you work with that one? [29 mins]
- Do you want fame? [50 mins]
- Have you ever thought fame? [50 mins]
- Red Dwarf- I was told you audition for cryton, do you ever think of how being a part of that cult show? [53 mins]
- You’ve done a lot of cameos in TV, which means you’re “seen” but not the focus, do you like that? Did you ever want fame? [53 mins]