Total run time: 1 hour 10 mins 11 secs.
Ways to listen to the show…
- Subscribe using iTunes here.
- Download the individual episode by right clicking this link and clicking “save link as”.
- You can also add the RSS feed to your podcast app of choice with the non-iTunes link you can find here.
- Stream the episode on Stitcher
Got a problem? Email me and I’ll try and solve it. 🙂
About the guests…
Amée Smith is an associate director and PR specialist at Prospero Arts. Prospero deal with some of the biggest names in comedy to help get their tour dates known by the right people, in the right publications and more!
If you enjoyed this you might also like…
- EP 03 – Julian Hall (comedy reviewer for The Independent newspaper / Fringe PR expert / Author)
- EP 28 – Ben Williams – Comedy Editor at Time Out London
- EP 19 – Mel Brown – Founder of Impressive PR
|Previous Podcast||Next podcast|
|EP33 – Zena Barrie and Michelle Flower from the Camden Fringe
||EP35 – Ben Walker – Behind the scenes of award-winning podcasts.|
Loving the show? Then consider giving us a donation to keep it going!
Give a one-off donation via PayPal!
Here’s a list of questions we covered…
- What is it you do? [2 mins 18 secs]
- How are the “top 10” lists put together and how can a PR help get a show featured? [14 mins 09 secs]
- What advice would you give someone looking at taking their first hour to Edinburgh?
- Are there any common mistakes you see indie comedians making?
- Do you work with indie comedians or only ones with agents?
- How do you scout for acts to represent in Edinburgh? [8 mins 11 secs]
- How many acts do you take to Edinburgh each year?
- What do you think of the rising costs of putting on a show in Edinburgh? [18 mins 34 secs]
- What are you looking for in a show to represent? [56 mins 38 secs]
- What are the free methods of getting exposure for a tour / show? [47 mins 58 secs]
- How much do you factor in social media to a PR campaign? [49 mins 08 secs]
- How do you go about finding the ideal PR for the tour you’re planning? [39 mins 18 secs ]
- When does the Edinburgh PR train begin for you for any given show?
- What role does social media play in your PR plans?
- What are the deal breakers for you? [58 mins 30 secs]
- What do you want comedians to send you to try and get your attention? [23 mins 18 secs]
- What do you think of Edinburgh Stunts? Do you think they help with coverage or are there too many happening? [25 mins 03 secs]
- What do you think of the star rating system? [29 mins]
- When do you start preparing for an Edinburgh show? [16 mins 18 secs]
- Reviewer Copstick [podcast] said that if a performer has a good show word-of-mouth will sell it in Edinburgh, do you believe this is true? [34 mins 48 secs]
- Do you believe PR starts word-of-mouth or helps it? [33 mins 48 secs]
- Neil Mackinnon [podcast] said that performers should be wary of any PRs who say they can do theatre and comedy PR, I know you do both ,do you think his thoughts are fair? How do you split the two specialities? [9 mins 59 secs]
- How often do you get out to live comedy / open mics to find new talent? [6 mins 39 secs]
- What are your favourite venues? [6 mins 39 secs]
- How do you go about getting an interview in a newspaper (and other free publicity) [42 mins 08 secs]
- How closely do you work with local papers vs the nationals on tours?
- You said in the live pod that interviews are a free way of getting good exposure for tours, what other tricks and tips do you use to get exposure for ages?
- What are the biggest mistakes people make when promoting a tour? [51 mins 18 secs]
- Do you think it’s easier to make money off a tour vs Edinburgh?
- As I understand it, your measure of success is coverage for a show, but how do you measure what exactly sold tickets?
- How do you build a relationship with journalist? [3 mins 07 secs]
- How do you measure success? [52 mins 50 secs]
- How to find the best PR for your show / tour? [1 hour 2 mins 18 secs]
- One bit of advice for people who want press coverage for a tour / show? [1 hour 2 mins 18 secs]
- Favourite comedians? [1 hour 1 mins 48 secs]
- Favourite shows? [1 hour 1 mins 48 secs]
- The Darkness Rises