Summary of Jan 2016 -
We made it guys… 2017. Not sure why everyone thought this year would be so much better given Trump is in (oh yeah… a comedian doing a Trump joke. I’m edgy). Anyway…
This month (as most January’s are for me) are about planning out the rest of the year rather than gigging. Hence the low numbers (also I had 2 gigs get pulled very last minute which didn’t help…)
Truth This month I’d focus your attention on the right hand side of this page rather than the calendar below. But hey, who am I to tell you what to do with your life and time. This month felt really productive. And looking back over what I’ve done (see the right hand side of the page) I am pretty proud of it. Even if I did spend a large amount of time this month feeling tired and fed up of performing. I suppose one thing I am really proud of is the few gigs I did do were paid as was all the writing work. Win.
Navigation (2016). [Fringe Reports]
|EP 71||EP71 – JD Henshaw – Founder of Sweets Venues|
|EP 72||EP72 – Ben Venables – Editor at The Skinny – How to get your show noticed / reviewed.|
Future prep. [Upcoming gigs page]
|How many future gigs did you book?||3|
|How many future podcast guests did you book?||2|
Other Projects / Things
- Recorded 2 pods for the new podcast (The Comedians Time Capsule, coming 2017).
- Made 1 videos blogs about gigging. I’ve had to take a break from this. The effort and time and care I want to put in just can’t happen while I’m working as much as I am. Which is a shame but just one of those things.
- Booked into 2 more cities for work-in-progress Fringe Festivals (Bath, Guildford and just sorting out Reading) [Fringe Reports here]
- Sorted out my Edinburgh Fringe room (and flat).
- Following on from that I worked almost the whole month writing jokes to pay off said Edinburgh room (and flat).
- Sorted a location for a London preview [info here]
- Had the first “Queer As Jokes” which sold out and started booking / promoting the 2nd LGBT+ night [info here | Facebook group]
- Edited 2 episodes of the mental health podcast (coming March 2017… I hope).
- Sold 8 books via Amazon and 3 via my website. [get a copy here or email me for more info]
- Starting sketching out the post-Edinburgh tour [full details will be here]
- Did 2 previews. One in Cambridge (sold out) one in London (15 people in a room that could hold 25).
- Appeared as a talking head for the 2nd time on BBFS Bristol Radio about the comedy industry.
- Was entered into the Brighton Fringe “WINDOW” industry showcase award [image here].
- Was invited to YouTube to do watch a “creative animation” presentation from a bunch of people from Dreamworks / indie film makers.
YouTube animation event.
Cambridge preview (sold out)
Happy Shark comedy Luton. (Paid)
Queer As Jokes (sold out)
Headline We Are Funny (paid)
BBFS Bristol radio interview
Morgan & West Time Capsule recording.
Richard Mclean Smith Time Capsule Recording